July, 14th 2016. Due Date: July, 30th 2016.
Tucson, Arizona, USA.
Postdoctoral Research Associate in Computational Imaging
- Letter of Interest.
- Curriculum Vitae.
The Applied Optics Laboratory of the College of Optical Sciences at the University of Arizona seeks applications for the position of Postdoctoral Research Associate in Computational Imaging.
Successful candidates must have a strong background in image processing and image analyses. Suitable candidates should have wide exposure to image enhancement (e.g. superresolution, full-focus imaging …etc.), real-time image processing, and image classification. The class of research problems under study may present challenges in image segmentation and labeling, stitching and blending, and feature extraction as well.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
- PhD in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science/Biomedical Engineering or a related field.
- Strong programming background including Visual Studio, OpenCV, and Matlab.
- Experience with Web and Mobile App Development.
- Experience with parallel programming and memory management for real-time applications.
- Good knowledge in optics and multimodal imaging techniques.
- Effective writing skills with a proven record of publications in scientific research journals.
- Effective communication skills and fluent in English.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, vision, and life insurance; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
Email documents to science [AT] syssr [DOT] org with subject: ApplicantName-UAPostDoc, no later than the due date.
Qualified applicants will be contacted within a week from the due date to arrange for further interviews.